- The Republican Party convention is taking place this week in Cleveland
- Eric Liu: There was only one winner Wednesday, and it wasn't Donald Trump
Eric Liu is founder of Citizen University and executive director of the Aspen Institute Citizenship & American Identity Program. His books include "A Chinaman's Chance" and "The Gardens of Democracy." He was a White House speechwriter and policy adviser for President Bill Clinton. Follow him on Twitter: @ericpliu. The opinions expressed in this commentary are his.
(CNN)On Wednesday night in Cleveland, it looked like we might return to the conventions of a normal convention.
- Timothy Stanley: Republicans picked the wrong Trump
- Raul A. Reyes: Trump's missed opportunity
- Errol Louis: Will Chris Christie get a second act?
- Peter Bergen: America the weak?
- Kayleigh McEnany: In a dark time, GOP offers positive vision
- Peggy Drexler: Melania, the good, the bad and the beautiful
- David Gergen: Imitating Nixon: Trump's big mistake?
- Paul Begala: A very Trump convention
- Michael D'Antonio: A Trump family production
- Reince Priebus: From Cleveland to the White House