- It turns out Melania Trump admires Michelle Obama, according to a Trump staff writer
- So. now is a good time for Donald Trump to stop questioning the Americanness of the Obamas, writes Donna Brazile
Donna Brazile, a CNN contributor and a Democratic strategist, is vice chairwoman for civic engagement and voter registration at the Democratic National Committee. A nationally syndicated columnist, she is an adjunct professor at Georgetown University and author of "Cooking With Grease: Stirring the Pots in America." The opinions expressed in this commentary are hers.
(CNN)In taking responsibility for lifting much of two paragraphs from a speech by Michelle Obama, Trump campaign staff writer Meredith McIver did more than uncover her own part in the drama surrounding Melania Trump's convention speech. She also inadvertently highlighted the unfair and frankly hateful way Donald Trump has treated the Obamas.
- Timothy Stanley: Republicans picked the wrong Trump
- Raul A. Reyes: Trump's missed opportunity
- Errol Louis: Will Chris Christie get a second act?
- Peter Bergen: America the weak?
- Kayleigh McEnany: In a dark time, GOP offers positive vision
- Peggy Drexler: Melania, the good, the bad and the beautiful
- David Gergen: Imitating Nixon: Trump's big mistake?
- Paul Begala: A very Trump convention
- Michael D'Antonio: A Trump family production
- Reince Priebus: From Cleveland to the White House