10. Tokyo, Japan – Constantly buzzing with energy, Tokyo gets high marks for safety and quality of life. If you're lucky, you might be around for the cherry blossoms.
9. Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam – The cost of living is affordable and there are plenty of places to work from, according to Nomad List. But Ho Chi Minh City got lower marks for its nightlife.
8. Hong Kong – The buildings soar well above the ground -- as does the cost of living. Hong Kong gets high marks from nomads for its high-speed Internet and nightlife, but less so for its air quality.
7. Prague, Czech Republic – Historic and colorful Prague got decent marks for its cost of living, nightlife and fun things to do.
6. Amsterdam, the Netherlands – With perfect rows of canal houses and a rich history, Amsterdam is fairly popular with nomads -- especially for its nightlife and friendliness. But it also ranks low for cost-efficiency.
5. San Francisco, USA – It's not the most budget-conscious city on the list, what with its record-high rent. But the city by the Bay proves to be alluring for its fresh air and tech-friendliness.
4. Berlin, Germany – Berlin ranked high for safety, quality of life and friendliness. It's also not a bad place for cycling.
3. London, UK – London takes the third top spot. Nomads, however, gave it low marks for its weather and the cost of living.
2. Bangkok, Thailand – Bangkok, world-famous for its beauty, modernity, chaos and food, takes No. 2 in the crowdsourced ranking on Nomad List.
1. Chiang Mai, Thailand – Chiang Mai, known for beautiful landmark such as Wat Chedi Luang, as well as its friendly, laid back vibe, is the world's most popular city for so-called "digital nomads."