- Markets plunged at the news
- Scotland may hold an independence referendum
- Some parties in other countries call for an EU vote
London (CNN)The United Kingdom's historic Brexit vote to leave the European Union triggered the resignation Friday of British Prime Minister David Cameron and wreaked havoc on global markets.
Cameron's possible successor
Former PM: There will be costs
Possible Scottish independence vote
Sinn Fein calls for Irish unity
- Live updates: Cameron resigns
- Britain voted 'Leave,' what's next?
- UK to be first country to leave EU
- What will Brexit mean to me?
- World markets in crisis after Brexit
- MAP: Full results
- EU referendum in 90 seconds
- Historian: This is the end of the UK
- Five reasons Europe will miss UK
- The non-Brit's guide to Brexit
- Timeline: Britain's troubled Europe ties