- Clinton on Tuesday launched a series of scalding attacks on Donald Trump
- Here are Clinton's 12 sharpest jabs
(CNN)Hillary Clinton, insult comic?
Following the blueprint she unveiled in San Diego earlier this month, the presumptive Democratic nominee on Tuesday launched a series of scalding attacks on Donald Trump. This time, she struck out at the core rationale for Trump's candidacy -- his deal-making abilities and business acumen.
Here are Clinton's 12 sharpest jabs:
1. "Donald Trump says he's qualified to be president because of his business record. A few days ago, he said, quote, 'I'm going to do for the country what I did for my business.' So let's take a look at what he has done. He's written a lot of books about business -- they all seem to end at Chapter 11."
2. "We know that happened for at least a few years -- he paid (no taxes), or close to it. Or maybe he isn't as rich as he claims or that he hasn't given away as much to charity as he brags about. Whatever the reason, Americans deserve to know -- before you cast your votes this November."
3. "Just like he shouldn't have his finger on the (nuclear) button, he shouldn't have his hands on our economy."
4. "I have this old fashioned idea that if you are running for president, you should say what you want to do."
5. "The 'King of Debt' has no real plan for making college debt free or addressing the student debt crisis."
6. "He calls himself the 'King of Debt.' And his tax plan sure lives up to the name."
7. "Alexander Hamilton would be rolling in his grave. You see, we pay our debts -- that's why investors come here even when everything else in the world goes wrong."
8. "Trump's own products are made in a lot of countries that aren't named America. Trump ties are made in China; Trump suits, in Mexico; Trump furniture, in Turkey; Trump picture frames in India; and Trump barware in Slovenia. I could go on and on, but you get the idea. I'd love him to explain how all that fits with his talk about 'America First.'"
9. "Donald himself would get a huge tax cut from his own plan. But we don't know exactly how much -- because he won't release his tax returns."
10. "He has no real strategy for creating jobs, just a string of empty promises. But then maybe we shouldn't expect better from someone whose most famous words are, 'You're fired.'"
11. "He says that climate change is a hoax invented by the Chinese. I'll give him this -- it's a lot easier to say a problem doesn't exist than it is to actually try to solve it."
12. "Just look at what he did in Atlantic City. He put his name on buildings -- his favorite thing to do."