- UK referendum campaign facing complaints of negativity, lack of focus on real issues
- Negative perceptions depend largely on how you will vote, says Philip Cowley
Philip Cowley is professor of politics at Queen Mary University of London; he is the author of "The British General Election of 2015," and his next book, "More Sex Lies and the Ballot Box" is out in September. He tweets at @philipjcowley. The views expressed are his own.
(CNN)We don't yet know for sure if the murder of British MP Jo Cox had anything to do with the referendum campaign on British membership of the European Union, which is due to finish this week, with the polls currently too close to call.
- The non-Brit's guide to Brexit
- Who's who in the UK referendum?
- Europe wants UK to stay, but won't beg
- In or out? A tale of two British towns
- Five reasons Europe would miss UK
- Why security is key to Brexit vote
- If Britain votes 'Leave,' what next?
- Curry chefs spice up referendum
- Timeline: Britain's troubled Europe ties
- Brexit and immigration: Will it change?
- Why Brexit vote should worry Trump
- Europe's nervous silence on Brexit