- Britons will vote Thursday on whether their country should remain in the European Union
- Henry Wismayer: Urge to leave has caught the wind of native disaffection
Henry Wismayer is a writer and commentator based in London. You can follow him @henrywismayer. The views expressed are his own.
(CNN)For any external observer curious to understand the issues shaping the debate over Britain's membership of the European Union, last Wednesday's edition of The Sun, the country's most popular daily newspaper, produced a revealing metaphor.
- The non-Brit's guide to Brexit
- Who's who in the UK referendum?
- Europe wants UK to stay, but won't beg
- In or out? A tale of two British towns
- Five reasons Europe would miss UK
- Why security is key to Brexit vote
- If Britain votes 'Leave,' what next?
- Curry chefs spice up referendum
- Timeline: Britain's troubled Europe ties
- Brexit and immigration: Will it change?
- Why Brexit vote should worry Trump
- Europe's nervous silence on Brexit