- 43% of sunscreen products have a lower SPF than their labels claim, according to a study
- Many lotions and sprays contain less than the recommended SPF 30
- Experts stress the importance of reapplying sunscreen and using liberal amounts
(CNN)Nearly half of sunscreen products in the United States do not live up to the SPF claim on their bottles, according to a new study.
How many are incorrect?
Why did some sunscreens fare poorly?
Which come out top?
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Melt-In Sunscreen Milk SPF 60
- Pure Sun Defense SPF 50
- Coppertone Water Babies SPF 50
- Equate Ultra Protection SPF 50 (Walmart brand)
- No-Ad Sport SPF 50