(CNN)A former New Hampshire prep school student convicted in the sexual assault of a fellow student was ordered released from jail Monday and is out on bail.
Former New Hampshire prep school student out on bail
Owen Labrie, 20, had been in jail since March after violating conditions of his bail.
He traveled to Boston multiple times to visit his girlfriend outside his curfew restrictions, according to prosecutors.
Labrie's attorneys had appealed the original bail revocation decision to the New Hampshire Supreme Court. The court sent the decision back to that judge, asking him to consider a few factors, including that there is a motion pending for a new trial.
Labrie must stay at his mother's Vermont home between 5 p.m. and 8 a.m., and will be monitored electronically by GPS, according to the judge's Monday decision.
He will be released once paperwork is completed and the electronic monitoring equipment is ready to be used, said Carole Alfano, the public information officer for the New Hampshire court system.
Labrie was sentenced to a year in jail after his August conviction on five counts, including one felony, stemming from an encounter at the St. Paul's School in Concord in 2014. At the time of the assault, the accuser was 15 and Labrie was an 18-year-old senior.
Authorities said the encounter was part of a school tradition called the "Senior Salute" in which seniors sought to have sexual encounters with younger students, though the school has denied that such a tradition exists.