- Bill would allow clerks and judges to recuse themselves from permitting, performing marriages
- "Once you open that Pandora's box ... you're going back in time," ACLU advocacy and policy director says
- Lawmaker denies bill is discriminatory: "I have a problem with the discrimination of Christian belief"
(CNN)Mississippi lawmakers are considering a religious freedom bill that would not only allow businesses and religious groups to deny the LGBT community certain services -- such as counseling, wedding planning and adoption support -- but that would also protect those groups from punishment.
* Photographers and videographers
• Wedding planners
• Printers and publishers
• Cake or pastry artists
• Venue rental companies
• Limousine and car rental companies
• Jewelry sales and service firms
• Religious organizations
Protection or persecution?
• New Mexico
• West Virginia
Source: National Conference of State Legislatures