- The sailors and other naval personnel could be facing disciplinary action
- During the time they were held, they were blindfolded and repeatedly separated and interrogated
Washington (CNN)The 10 U.S. Navy sailors captured and briefly held by Iran in January made repeated mistakes that led them into Iranian territorial waters and being captured, according to an initial Navy investigation.
- The sailors had never made the trip before.
- They had been up most of the night before conducting maintenance on one of the boats that had broken down.
- They had to "cannibalize" parts from a third boat in order to have two working vessels.
- They then experienced problems with their satellite communications gear.