- This page includes the show Transcript
- Use the Transcript to help students with reading comprehension and vocabulary
- At the bottom of the page, comment for a chance to be mentioned on CNN Student News. You must be a teacher or a student age 13 or older to request a mention on the CNN Student News Roll Call.
- The Weekly Newsquiz tests students' knowledge of events in the news
February 5, 2016
We begin this Friday by covering two U.S. presidential events concerning the issue of religious faith. Then, we explain the tenets of the Trans-Pacific Partnership, and we travel to New Zealand for a sense of the developments and protests regarding the deal. As parts of the South recover from recent tornadoes, we explore how these twisters spin down from the sky. And as some students dream of DJ stardom, we drop some information about what it takes to get ahead in the industry.
On this page you will find today's show Transcript and a place for you to request to be on the CNN Student News Roll Call.
Please note that there may be a delay between the time when the video is available and when the transcript is published.
1. From what country does the U.S. import the most goods?
2. Scientists at the University of California, Los Angeles recently discussed their new theory that a planetary, head-on collision resulted in what object in the night sky?
3. The island of Lesbos, some of whose residents have been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize, is part of what European country?
4. Name the annual U.S. sporting event that's seen by about a third of the country, despite a rise in concerns about the safety of the sport itself.
5. Name the Democratic candidate who received the most votes in Monday's Iowa caucuses.
6. Name the Republican candidate who received the most votes in Monday's Iowa caucuses.
7. What U.S. state holds the next contest in the U.S. presidential election process?
8. In the 1940s, the Zika virus was first identified in what African country?
9. China, the world's most populous country, witnesses the world's largest human migration surrounding what holiday?
10. How many nations are involved in the Trans-Pacific Partnership?
CNN Student News is created by a team of journalists who consider the Common Core State Standards, national standards in different subject areas, and state standards when producing the show.
For a chance to be mentioned on the next CNN Student News, comment on the bottom of this page with your school name, mascot, city and state. We will be selecting schools from the comments of the previous show. You must be a teacher or a student age 13 or older to request a mention on the CNN Student News Roll Call!
Thank you for using CNN Student News!