- This page includes the show Transcript
- Use the Transcript to help students with reading comprehension and vocabulary
- At the bottom of the page, comment for a chance to be mentioned on CNN Student News. You must be a teacher or a student age 13 or older to request a mention on the CNN Student News Roll Call.
- The Weekly Newsquiz tests students' knowledge of events in the news
January 22, 2016
What are residents most concerned about following a water crisis in the city of Flint, Michigan? What elements have to be in place before meteorologists officially call a storm a "blizzard"? How might the findings of some Caltech researchers change the geography of our solar system? And what's unique about the national animal of Scotland? We'll answer all of these questions this Friday!
On this page you will find today's show Transcript and a place for you to request to be on the CNN Student News Roll Call.
Please note that there may be a delay between the time when the video is available and when the transcript is published.
1. The U.S. recently exchanged seven of its prisoners for four Americans who were being held by what country?
2. An estimated 900 streets in the U.S. and Puerto Rico are named after what prominent American, whose holiday falls on the third Monday in January?
3. Name the dinosaur that scientists believe was the biggest animal ever to have walked the earth.
4. During what year did President Obama announce executive actions on immigration, which were challenged in lower courts and were just taken up by the U.S. Supreme Court?
5. Recent elections put a female president and opposition party in power for the first time in the history of what Asian island?
6. Following a report from NASA that 2015 was the warmest year on record, scientists placed most of the blame on what phenomenon?
7. How many planets have been identified and photographed in our solar system?
8. A water crisis in the city of Flint, Michigan has raised concerns that some residents might have been irreversibly poisoned by what element?
9. Blizzards are characterized by heavy snow, winds of at least 35 miles per hour, and reduced visibility for what length of time?
10. What is the national animal of Scotland?
CNN Student News is created by a team of journalists who consider the Common Core State Standards, national standards in different subject areas, and state standards when producing the show.
For a chance to be mentioned on the next CNN Student News, comment on the bottom of this page with your school name, mascot, city and state. We will be selecting schools from the comments of the previous show. You must be a teacher or a student age 13 or older to request a mention on the CNN Student News Roll Call!
Thank you for using CNN Student News!