(CNN)A federal magistrate denied bail on Monday for Enrique Marquez, accused of providing guns to the San Bernardino shooters.
Enrique Marquez, linked to San Bernardino shooters, denied bail
Marquez, 24, was charged last week with conspiring to provide material support to terrorism, making a false statement in connection with the acquisition of firearms and immigration fraud.
Marquez appeared in court in a white jail jumpsuit and with shackled wrists and ankles. He did not enter a plea.
His next hearing is at 4:30 p.m. PT on January 4.
He is suspected of buying rifles used by his friend, Syed Rizwan Farook, and Farook's wife, Tashfeen Malik, in the December 2 mass shooting that left 14 people dead in the Southern California city. They were killed in a shootout with police a few hours later.
Authorities said Marquez and Farook, who he met in college, planned terror attacks but never carried one out.
Marquez bought firearms from local stores in late 2011 and early 2012, authorities said. Although he identified himself as the buyer at the time, he actually bought the rifles for Farook as part of their plans to attack the college and the freeway, according to the federal complaint.