- Child experts analyzed social media feeds from more than 200 8th graders
- 15% of teens in this study reported receiving inappropriate photos
- Almost all parents -- 94% -- underestimated the amount of fighting happening over social media
(CNN)"I would rather not eat for a week than get my phone taken away. It's really bad," said Gia, a13-year-old. "I literally feel like I'm going to die."
- 61% of teens said they wanted to see if their online posts are getting likes and comments.
- 36% of teens said they wanted to see if their friends are doing things without them.
- 21% of teens said they wanted to make sure no one was saying mean things about them.