- This page includes the show Transcript
- Use the Transcript to help students with reading comprehension and vocabulary
- At the bottom of the page, comment for a chance to be mentioned on CNN Student News. You must be a teacher or a student age 13 or older to request a mention on the CNN Student News Roll Call.
- The Weekly Newsquiz tests students' knowledge of events in the news
August 28, 2015
A migrant crisis brings new challenges to Europe, and religion and science face off on a Pacific volcano. This Friday, travel from Hungary to Hawaii on CNN Student News. Also featured: a look back at the costliest hurricane in U.S. history. Saturday marks exactly 10 years since Hurricane Katrina washed ashore, and we're recapping its effects across the American South.
On this page you will find today's show Transcript and a place for you to request to be on the CNN Student News Roll Call.
Please note that there may be a delay between the time when the video is available and when the transcript is published.
1. What kind of animal is associated with a stock market that's on the rise?
2. What is the name of the average of 30 significant U.S. stocks that give an indication of how the overall market is doing?
3. Name the capital of Lebanon, where recent protests over garbage turned into an uprising against the nation's government.
4. Between what two countries would you find the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ), which is actually one of the most militarized borders on Earth?
5. In what country do two treasure hunters say they've discovered a legendary train that contains tons of Nazi gold?
6. In what country would you find Palmyra, where the ISIS terrorist group recently destroyed some ancient architectural ruins?
7. In what U.S. state would you find the only American highway whose signs use kilometers instead of miles to indicate distance?
8. Who was the first U.S. treasury secretary, whose face currently appears on the $10 bill?
9. The world's tallest mountain (when measured from base to summit) is located in what U.S. state?
10. In response to a massive flow of migrants, what European country is building a temporary barrier along its southern border with Serbia?
CNN Student News is created by a team of journalists who consider the Common Core State Standards, national standards in different subject areas, and state standards when producing the show.
For a chance to be mentioned on the next CNN Student News, comment on the bottom of this page with your school name, mascot, city and state. We will be selecting schools from the comments of the previous show. You must be a teacher or a student age 13 or older to request a mention on the CNN Student News Roll Call!
Thank you for using CNN Student News!