- The nonprofit claims to be the largest provider of reproductive health services in the US
- Planned Parenthood says 3% of the services it provides are abortions
(CNN)Planned Parenthood is in the spotlight as Republicans push to block funding for the group because it provides abortions for women.
- Planned Parenthood says 3% of the services it provides are abortions.
- 323,999 abortions were performed in 2014, according to the organization.
- Planned Parenthood says it provides sex education to 1.5 million young people and adults each year.
- Planned Parenthood says it prevents an estimated 579,000 unintended pregnancies per year.
- Contraception accounted for 34% of the services it provided, according to the 2015 GAO report.
- 2 milion reversible contraception patients
- 941,589 emergency contraception kits
- 3,445 vasectomies
- 718 female sterilization procedures
- Planned Parenthood says this accounts for 42% of the services provided. (The GAO calculates 41% in 2012 by affiliates.)
- 4.2 million tests and treatments provided in 2014
- This represents the largest proportion of medical services provided.