- A Brooklyn pizzeria ranks No. 1 in the U.S. among TripAdvisor users
- Chicago is America's best pizza city, according to TripAdvisor's analysis
(CNN)We can all agree that our love for pizza is deep and abiding. That's where the consensus ends.
Deep-dish, hand-tossed, wood-fired, thin-crust, buried in cheese, laden with meat or loaded with veggies? Red sauce? White pizza? (Let's not even discuss pretzel or stuffed crusts ...)
The United States is a pizza wonderland, and travel site TripAdvisor has combed its user reviews for the country's best pizzerias.
The list is based on the quantity and quality of restaurant reviews, with more weight placed on user feedback offered within the past year. The top restaurants had a minimum of 500 reviews, with at least 10% of them mentioning "best pizza."
And so, without further ado, TripAdvisor's top 10 pizza restaurants:
1. Juliana's Pizza, Brooklyn, New York
2. Pizza Time of St Augustine, St. Augustine, Florida
3. Moose's Tooth Pub and Pizzeria, Anchorage, Alaska
4. Keste, New York
5. Tony's Pizza Napoletana, San Francisco
6. Regina Pizzeria, Boston
7. Antico Pizza Napoletana, Atlanta
8. Bill's Pizza, Palm Springs, California
9. Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana, New Haven, Connecticut
10. John's of Bleecker Street, New York
Simmer down, Chicagoans. Although none of TripAdvisor's top 10 pizza restaurants is in your fair city, the review site identified the top 10 cities for pizza, and Chicago takes the No. 1 spot on that list. The site also suggested must-try pizzerias for each city on the list.
Cities were selected based on the quality and quantity of reviews as well as the ratio of pizza restaurants and reviews compared with all of the city's restaurants.
The top 10 U.S. pizza cities, according to TripAdvisor:
2. New York
3. New Haven, Connecticut
5. San Francisco
7. Las Vegas
8. San Diego
10. Miami Beach, Florida