Jeb Bush to release list of campaign bundlers

(CNN)In an effort to help build a brand of transparency, Jeb Bush's team announced Wednesday that it plans to reveal a list of bundlers who helped raise money for his White House bid in the first two quarters.

Bundlers are volunteer fundraisers who encourage their own circles of colleagues and friends to donate to a certain candidate, with a maximum contribution of $2,700 allowed by federal election law. Bundlers typically get credit or special access to a candidate if they cross a specific threshold of money raised.
The former Florida governor is among the first 2016 candidates to announce such intentions, taking on a voluntary task that his brother George W. Bush was known for starting during the 2000 presidential campaign. For her part, Hillary Clinton will announce her bundlers quarterly. She also revealed her bundlers when she ran for president in 2008, as did President Barack Obama and Sen. John McCain during their White House bids.
    "This display of transparency is consistent with the high level of disclosure he has practiced during his life in public office and, frankly, should be expected from public servants," said Allie Brandenburger, a spokesperson for Bush, in a statement.
    Plans to release the list were first reported by The New York Times.
    Later on Wednesday, a spokeswoman for Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker said the newly minted presidential candidate also plans to disclose his bundlers.
    Election law doesn't require candidates to name these fundraisers -- unless they are lobbyists. Representatives for other candidates said their campaigns don't plan to reveal that information.
    "We'll disclose what the law requires us to, but we don't discuss our strategy beyond that," said Alex Conant a spokesman for Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida, who also gave the same quote to the Times.
    A spokeswoman for Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas also confirmed that he will not disclose his bundlers.
    Bush's campaign says it aims to release the list by the time it files its next report with the Federal Election Committee, which will be mid-October.
    Bush announced last week that his campaign raised $11.4 million by the end of June, while a super PAC supporting his bid said it raised $103 million since January.
    CNN reported that Bush has no plans to let his fundraising momentum stall, starting a new push called "8 by Eight" where bundlers who get eight people to donate the $2,700 maximum by the end of July will be invited to some special events in Cleveland next month and to a dinner with the candidate in Coral Gables on July 29.