- Memory training can improve cognitive tasks
- We look at six methods that could help boost the health of your brain
'Thinking Business' focuses on the psychology of getting ahead in the workplace by exploring techniques to boost employee performance, increase creativity and productivity.
(CNN)Forgotten why you went to the refrigerator? Struggling to concentrate on work and multitask at the same time? Join the club. Experts cite that eating well, reducing stress and physical activity are all ways to keep our brains sharp and functioning at top-notch speed.
1. The desktop game
2. The brain-training app
3. The puzzle book
4. The focusing task
- Count back from 100 in your mind. You can increase the number or count back in multiples to make the task harder.
- Find an object, hold it in your hands with your arms outstretched and focus on it for as long as you can.
- Take a book or newspaper and count the words on a page. Start with a paragraph and go from there, ensuring you count in your mind rather than using your finger to point at each word.
- Sit still. Simple as it sounds, it's not that easy. Try for as long as you can without moving a muscle.