- Erol Incedal was convicted last year of having bomb-making instructions
- A jury deadlocked on a more serious charge of plotting terrorism
- Incedal denies the charges
The man, Erol Incedal, was found guilty last year of having details of how to make a bomb, but a jury failed to reach a decision on the more serious charge of plotting a terror attack.
A new jury was selected Tuesday, and prosecutor Richard Whittam began the state's second try.
Incedal was arrested in October 2013 and found to have the address of a property belonging to former British Prime Minister Tony Blair
and his wife, Whittam told the jury.
He also had the instructions for how to make a bomb on an SD card concealed between his phone and its case, Whittam said.
Incedal does not need to have planned a specific attack or had a target in mind to be guilty of plotting terror, the prosecutor told the jury.
The case is extremely unusual in that the media and public will be barred from hearing some of the evidence.
A select group of 10 journalists will be allowed to hear other parts of the trial, but must leave their notes in court. The rest of the trial is open to the public.
Incedal denies the charges.
The trial could last for several months.