(CNN) -- The midterm elections are next week. How much do you think you know? If you don't know much, we've got you covered. Here are some fun facts to put you on the fast track to sounding like a political junkie.
1. What makes Iowa Republican Senate candidate Joni Ernst so special? Well, if elected, she'll be the first woman, ever, to serve Iowa in Congress. Also, there's more:
2. Let's see if you can keep up with Florida's gubernatorial candidate, Charlie Crist. He's gone through his fair share of political parties and now, he's running as a Democrat against Florida Republican Governor Rick Scott:
3. What do pumpkin spice lattes have to do with the North Carolina Senate race? Outside spending in the contest between incumbent Democrat Kay Hagan and Republican Thom Tillis is shattering records. Right now, outside groups have spent $76 million and climbing. You could buy a whole lot of lattes with that kind of money...
4. Turns out there's something of a midterm curse for the president's party...
5. What do the Super Bowl and the midterm elections have in common? Not much. Turns out, A LOT more people watched the 2014 Super Bowl than those who turned out to vote in the 2010 most competitive races:
6. Other than Mardi Gras, King Cake and the New Orleans Saints, what else makes Louisiana unique? Their politics. Here's how: