- Every year, Drinks International calls on experts to compile its world's 50 best bars list
- This year's list includes bars from 27 cities in 14 countries with 14 new entries
- London kept the top spot with Artesian named "World's Best Bar" for the third consecutive year
Sure, it's a great feeling when you randomly stumble on a fantastic new bar while you're out exploring a city.
But when you're there for only a few days, you sometimes want a guarantee that you're going to be getting a well-made drink in a venue with character and style.
That's where this 2014 list of the world's 50 best bars comes in.
Announced by Drinks International magazine during a recent ceremony in London, the list is based on the votes of more than 330 international industry experts.
The 2014 winners include bars from 27 cities in 14 countries, with 14 new entries.
"Overall, Europe appears to be the international epicenter for good drinking as it led the regions' ranking with 21 of its bars included within the 50 best list," says Drinks International in a release.
For the third year in a row, London's Artesian has been named "world's best bar."
In fact, the UK capital has eight bars on the list, more than any other city. These include Nightjar and The American Bar at The Savoy, which join Artesian in the top 10.
Across the Atlantic, Drinks International says the United States saw the strongest growth, with 16 bars included on the final 2014 list.
Four of the top 10 listed bars are based in New York and Seattle.
Australia, meanwhile, has six bars included -- all based in Melbourne and Sydney.
Four Asia bars made the list -- with venues from Tokyo, Singapore and Hong Kong. The highest is Tokyo bar High Five, voted the ninth best bar in the world.
Finally, Latin America saw three make the list, with two Mexican bars -- Mexico City's La Capilla and newcomer Licoreria Limantour -- joining Floreira Atlantico in Buenos Aires.
Here's the full list of the 2014 world's 50 best bars. For more details on the top 20, check out the gallery above.
1. The Artesian, London
2. Dead Rabbit, New York
3. Nightjar, London
4. Attaboy, New York
5. Employees Only, New York
6. Canon, Seattle
7. The Baxter Inn, Sydney
8. American Bar, London
9. High Five, Tokyo
10. 28 Hongkong Street, Singapore
11. Connaught Bar, London
12. Happiness Forgets, London
13. Aviary, Chicago
14. Elephant Bar, NoMad Hotel, New York
15. Nottingham Forest, Milan, Italy
16. Smuggler's Cove, San Francisco
17. Candelaria, Paris
18. PDT, New York
19. Bulletin Place, Sydney
20. White Lyan, London
21. Buck & Breck, Berlin
22. Broken Shaker, Miami
23. 69 Colebrooke Row, London
24. Hemingway Bar, Prague, Czech Republic
25. Le Lion Bar de Paris, Hamburg, Germany
26. Door 74, Amsterdam, Netherlands
27. Three Dots and a Dash, Chicago
28. The Jerry Thomas Project, Rome
29. Chainaya. Tea & Cocktails, Moscow
30. The Everleigh, Melbourne
31. Eau de Vie, Sydney
32. Bramble, Edinburgh, Scotland
33. Trick Dog, San Francisco
34. Dry Martini, Barcelona, Spain
35. Clover Club, New York
36. Drink, Boston
37. Black Pearl, Melbourne
38. Schumann's, Munich, Germany
39. Floreria Atlantico, Buenos Aires
40. Star Bar Ginza, Tokyo
41. Delicatessen, Moscow
42. Quinary, Hong Kong
43. Cure, New Orleans
44. Tales and Spirits, Amsterdam, Netherlands
45. Maison Premiere, New York
46. La Capilla, Mexico City
47. Licoreria Limantour, Mexico City
48. Shady Pines, Sydney
49. Callooh Callay, London
50. Williams and Graham, Denver
Think your local watering hole should have appeared on the list? Tell us about it below.