1. Palm Springs, California – With more than 200 golf courses, 50,000 pools and a desert oasis of outlet shopping nearby, Palm Springs, California, tops TripAdvisor's index for vacation rental value. About $1,250 will get you a week's rental and a few extras. Just be prepared for temperatures topping 100˚ Fahrenheit.
2. Orlando, Florida – For a little more money, Disney World and 100 other nearby attractions offer families their choice of fun in Orlando, Florida.
3. Gatlinburg, Tennessee – While enjoying the great outdoors, visitors to Gatlinburg, Tennessee, can explore Great Smoky Mountain National Park, take a stroll or hop on a trolley through the lively downtown for about $1,400.
4. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina – Long stretches of sand and nightly summer celebrations on the boardwalk are just a few of the things a Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, vacation offers for about $1,400 for a weeklong stay and some extras.
5. Sanibel Island, Florida – White sand beaches, coconut palms, lush tropical foliage and crystal blue water await you on Florida's Sanibel Island, where about $1,500 lets you explore paradise.
6. South Padre Island, Texas – The casual coastal town of South Padre Island, Texas, has 34 miles of uninterrupted beaches, offering visitors adventures like water sports, fishing and many more.
7. Hilton Head, South Carolina – For about $1,600, a family of four can spend a week on the boot-shaped sea island of Hilton Head, South Carolina.
8. Cape May, New Jersey – The nation's oldest seashore resort and a National Historic Landmark, Cape May, New Jersey, is rich in history and architecture, with plenty of beaches for families to explore.
9. New Orleans, Louisiana – With a lively culture, centuries-old architecture and a variety of festivals running throughout the summer, families will have no shortage of things to do in New Orleans. A weeklong stay runs about $2,000.
6. Key West, Florida – The third Florida location to make the list and the southernmost point in the Continental United States, Key West also runs about $2,000 for a weeklong stay.
11. Chatham, Massachusetts – Nestled in the elbow of Cape Cod, Massachusetts, the classic New England vacation spot of Chatham has spectacular views and kid-friendly calm beaches.
12. Maui, Hawaii – The second largest of the Hawaiian Islands, Maui is known for its tropical flowers and shimmering beaches. Covered with quaint towns and scenic drives, Maui is a dream destination for many, if you can afford the airfare. A weeklong rental with some extras is about $2,300, according to TripAdvisor's index.
13. Miami Beach, Florida – The coastal resort city of Miami is home to an abundance of beaches, world-renowned nightlife and close to the Everglades.
14. La Jolla, California – At about $2,500 for a weeklong stay, the seaside town of La Jolla, California, boasts dramatic cliffs, breathtaking beaches and secluded coves.
15. Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts – Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts, is the most expensive of the 15 popular locations on TripAdvisor's vacation rental index. Priced around $3,500, this Cape Cod island is an affluent summer colony.