- TripAdvisor's TripIndex looks at the cost of vacations to the Caribbean in March and April
- Puerto Rico provides the most affordable getaway of the locations priced
- St. Barthelemy is the most expensive destination on the list
Who's ready for a Caribbean vacation?
Yes, that's what we thought.
TripAdvisor has priced 20 beautiful, primarily Caribbean, island destinations with its TripIndex Caribbean, comparing the cost of a one-week trip for a group of four for the period from March 1 through April 30. Included in the price analysis is the average cost of round-trip airfare from the continental U.S., a seven-night hotel stay, six dinners and a half-day snorkeling excursion.
Here are the top 10 value destinations, with the cost of a weeklong trip for four:
1. Puerto Rico - $4,609
2. Jamaica - $4,631
3. Trinidad and Tobago - $4,771
4. Dominican Republic - $5,315
5. St Maarten-St Martin - $5,566
6. Bahamas - $5,815
7. Curacao - $5,833
8. Bermuda - $6,064
9. Aruba - $6,260
10. Grenada - $6,622
By comparison, the cost of a weeklong stay at the most expensive destination TripAdvisor looked at -- St. Barthelemy -- is nearly $12,500.
Here are priciest destinations, for travelers with deeper pockets:
1. St. Barthelemy - $12,486
2. Anguilla - $10,709
3. British Virgin Islands - $9,712
4. Turks and Caicos - $8,812
5. St. Kitts and Nevis - $8,668
6. Cayman Islands - $8,082
7. Antigua and Barbuda - $7,972
8. St. Lucia - $7,627
9. U.S. Virgin Islands - $6,782
10. Barbados $6,710
TripAdvisor used spots with the most visits from U.S. travelers on TripAdvisor between November and January to create its Caribbean TripIndex.