- Tim Story will return to direct "Ride Along 2"
- Haley Joel Osment is in for "Entourage" movie
- 'SNL' alum Rachel Dratch has joined cast of "The Grief of Others"
Here is a round up of some of the recent casting news out of Hollywood:
• Kevin Hart and Ice Cube will reprise their roles in the just-announced sequel to Ride Along. Tim Story will also return to direct the film for Universal with Phil Hay and Matt Manfredi penning the script. The $25 million buddy comedy scored an A CinemaScore, broke January box office records, stayed in the top spot for three weekends in a row, and has already passed the coveted $100 million mark (its domestic total is currently resting at $116 million). They could start shooting the sequel as early as this summer. [Variety]
• The Walking Dead's Norman Reedus is set to team up with Robert Kirkman on a big-screen project — Air, a sci-fi thriller starring Djimon Hounsou. Both will play custodial workers surviving in an underground cryogenic facility after a nuclear fall-out. Chris Pasetto will make his directorial debut on the project. [THR]
• Brie Larson (Short Term 12) is in talks to join the Judd Apatow comedy Trainwreck, starring Amy Schumer and Bill Hader. The plot is being kept a secret. [Variety]
• Haley Joel Osment (The Sixth Sense) has taken on a supporting role in the Entourage movie. Guesses on whether or not he'll be playing himself? [Deadline]
• Matthias Schoenaerts (Rust & Bone) is set to star in Felix van Groeningen's (The Broken Circle Breakdown) Beligica, a drama about two brothers who start a bar in Belguim. [Variety]
• Micah Hauptman (Parker) will join Jake Gyllenhaal, Josh Brolin, and Jason Clarke in Baltasar Kormákur's Everest. He'll play the part of filmmaker and avid climber David Breashears, who co-directed the 1996 IMAX film Everest and the PBS Frontline documentary Storm Over Everest about the 1996 disaster. [Deadline]
• Charles S. Dutton (Alien 3) will play Chank Middleton, a friend of Gregg Allman's, in the Allman Brothers biopic My Cross to Bear. [Deadline]
• Saturday Night Live alum Rachel Dratch has joined the cast of The Grief of Others, about a couple whose baby dies shortly after his birth. Wendy Moniz (Betrayal) and Trevor St. John (One Life to Live) will play the parents for director Patrick Wang. [Variety]