- MSNBC and Baldwin's rep confirm "Up Late" is off the air
- Actor apologized after an angry outburst against a photographer last week
- "This is a mutual parting and we wish Alec all the best," MSNBC says
Alec Baldwin's angry outbursts against photographers trailing him have cost the actor his MSNBC talk show job.
"We are jointly confirming that 'Up Late' will not continue on MSNBC," MSNBC and Baldwin's rep, Matthew Hiltzik, told CNN in a joint statement Tuesday.
The channel announced a two-week suspension of Baldwin's show last week amid media reports that he chased after a photographer outside his Manhattan apartment and called him a "c**ksucking f*g."
"Get away from my wife and the baby with the camera," Baldwin could be heard yelling on video taken of the incident. "What f***ing language you want that in?"
Baldwin later posted a statement on MSNBC's website saying, "I did not intend to hurt or offend anyone with my choice of words, but clearly I have -- and for that I am deeply sorry. Words are important. I understand that, and will choose mine with great care going forward."
"This is a mutual parting and we wish Alec all the best," the MSNBC spokesman said Tuesday.
Baldwin's last clash with the paparazzi was not his first. He's been photographed several times in the past two years expressing strong displeasure with persistent journalists trailing him with cameras.