- This page includes the show Transcript, the Daily Curriculum, and Maps
- Use the Transcript to help students with reading comprehension and vocabulary
- The Daily Curriculum offers the Media Literacy Question of the Day, Key Concepts, Fast Facts and Discussion Questions
- At the bottom of the page, please share your feedback about our show and curriculum
November 26, 2013
CNN Student News' last program before Thanksgiving explains why travelers might want to pack patience before heading out: A stretch of winter weather is threatening transportation across the U.S. We also cover stories involving Christianity and Judaism, and we cook up a by-the-numbers look at the Thanksgiving holiday.
Teachers, please note that CNN Student News will not air the rest of this week for Thanksgiving. The daily program will return on Monday, December 2.
On this page you will find today's show Transcript, the Daily Curriculum, Maps pertaining to today's show, and a place for you to leave feedback.
Please note that there may be a delay between the time when the video is available and when the transcript is published.
Media Literacy Question of the Day:
What challenges might a reporter face when interviewing passersby about a news issue? What characteristics might he or she look for in potential interviewees?
Key Concepts: Identify or explain these subjects you heard about in today's show:
Fast Facts: How well were you listening to today's program?
1. What advice is given in the report on planning airline travel in winter?
2. What have been some of the reactions to a deal that eases sanctions against Iran in return for limits on its nuclear program?
3. What percentage of Americans eat turkey on Thanksgiving?
1. What information might an airline seek before canceling a flight? In what ways might airlines, airports, transportation companies and travelers prepare in advance for wintertime travel?
2. Where do you turn for inspiration or strength when you are in a stressful or challenging situation?
3. What traditions does your family have around the Thanksgiving holiday? What do you know about how these traditions began?
CNN Student News is created by a team of journalists and educators who consider the Common Core State Standards, national standards in different subject areas, and state standards when producing the show and curriculum. We hope you use our free daily materials along with the program, and we welcome your feedback on them.
Download PDF maps related to today's show:
We're looking for your feedback about CNN Student News. Please use this page to leave us comments about today's program, including what you think about our stories and our resources. Also, feel free to tell us how you use them in your classroom. The educators on our staff will monitor this page and may respond to your comments as well.
Thank you for using CNN Student News!