Skip to main content
Part of complete coverage on

Tiger in hunt as Dubuisson goes it alone in Turkey

updated 5:49 PM EST, Sat November 9, 2013
Tiger Woods is six shots off the pace in Turkey after a third round 68 on Saturday.
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • Tiger Woods is tied for third after four-under par round of 68 at Turkish Airlines Open
  • Woods trails leader Victor Dubuisson from France by six shots
  • Frenchman shot a flawless round of 63 to move five clear of England's Ian Poulter
  • Woods hurts arm during third round but says he should be fine for Sunday's final round

(CNN) -- Tiger Woods remains in contention at the Turkish Airlines Open but it is a little-known Frenchman who could make a name for himself come Sunday evening.

Victor Dubuisson was tied for the lead after Friday's second round but now finds himself five shots clear of the field following a superb score of 63 on Saturday.

The 23-year-old who hails from Cannes put together a flawless, nine-birdie round at the Montgomerie Maxx Royal course in Antalya to finish on 21-under par with just Sunday's final round to play.

Read more: 'Dorky' Woods reveals why Vonn is a good match

"I'm very tired now, so I think I will sleep easy tonight. But it will be very stressed I think," said Dubuisson, who has yet to win on the European Tour.

Tiger talking Turkey!
Tiger Woods' nickname: Urkel?
Sergio Garcia on giving back

"I'll try not to think about it because if I think about it, I will put too much pressure on myself. But I know tomorrow Ian, Tiger and Henrik, they will shoot very low scores, so I have to keep the same strategy.

"I know I have a five-shot lead, but with all these great players, tomorrow it will be a very tough day."

Dubuisson's 54-hole total of 195 is five shots better than joint-overnight leader Ian Poulter who continued his consistent showing with a four-under par round of 68 leaving the Englishman on 16-under par.

Sweden's Henrik Stenson and South Africa's Justin Walters, who also started the day tied for the lead, both slipped a little further down the leaderboard after rounds of 69 and 70 respectively.

Walters two-under round leaves him in seventh on 14-under par, while Stenson finds himself in a four-way tie for third at 15-under with Spain's Alejandro Canizares, France's Raphael Jacquelin -- who shot a course record 62 -- and a certain Tiger Woods.

The 14-time major champion started his round where he left off on Friday, bagging a birdie at the first with two more (at three and eight) coming on the opening nine.

Read more: Tiger steps up challenge in Turkey

Woods moved to 15-under par with a birdie at the par-five 11th but endured an erratic end to his round picking up three bogeys and three birdies in the remaining seven holes.

Afterwards, the 37-year-old revealed that he had injured his arm during the round but doesn't expect it to curtail his involvement in the tournament.

"My arm is a little tender. I smoked it on something. I don't know what I hit but I hit something hard," Woods said.

"I just dealt with it, and you know, just play through it. I won't need any treatment as anti-inflams will be good."

Woods is enjoying his best season since 2009, but his game will need to improve on Sunday if he is to claim his sixth title of 2013.

"To birdie the last hole was a nice way to end, considering I struggled all day with swing. I was getting away with it on the front nine, but I wasn't really playing well and it caught up with me on the back nine."

U.S. Open champion Justin Rose is tied for eighth place with Welshman Jamie Donaldson. The Englishman shot a five-under par 67 to leave him on 13-under, eight shots behind Dubuisson.

Part of complete coverage on
updated 8:51 AM EDT, Fri September 12, 2014
It's a big dilemma: Be with your wife for the birth of your first child, or stay at work and try to earn $11 million. For Billy Horschel, it's a no-brainer.
updated 7:40 AM EDT, Fri September 12, 2014
She's just 19 but Hyo Joo Kim is already showing she's ready for the big time after recording the lowest ever round at a major championship.
updated 1:06 PM EDT, Wed September 10, 2014
Masters champion Bubba Watson says winning the $10 million FedEx Cup jackpot would bring forward his retirement from the game.
updated 7:31 AM EDT, Fri September 12, 2014
EVIAN-LES-BAINS, FRANCE - SEPTEMBER 15: A view of the 14th green during the third round of The Evian Championship at the Evian Resort Golf Club on September 15, 2013 in Evian-les-Bains, France. (Photo by Richard Heathcote/Getty Images)
The world's top women golfers will be chasing a $3.25 million prize purse at one of the most stunning courses on the LPGA Tour.
updated 8:19 AM EDT, Wed September 3, 2014
Tom Watson selects Keegan Bradley, Hunter Mahan and Webb Simpson as his wildcard picks for the Ryder Cup contest with Europe.
updated 9:52 AM EDT, Tue September 2, 2014
Ian Poulter kept Europe clinging on in their Ryder Cup battle with the United States in Chicago.
Ian Poulter, who has constantly haunted the U.S. in Ryder Cup golf, is back after being chosen as a wildcard by European captain Paul McGinley.
updated 11:40 AM EDT, Mon August 25, 2014
Tiger Woods has split with his longtime coach Sean Foley after not winning a major during their four-year tenure.
updated 7:05 AM EDT, Mon August 11, 2014
Success just keeps on coming for Rory McIlroy, but the world No. 1 is already targeting more titles following his second PGA Championship win.
updated 10:24 AM EDT, Fri August 8, 2014
From Seve's "spine-shivering" moment to Jack Nicklaus' "perfect explosion," David Cannon has captured many of golf's defining images.
updated 9:20 AM EDT, Thu August 7, 2014
They came home as casualties of war -- physically shattered and mentally broken. But golf is proving to be an unlikely salvation for U.S. veterans.
updated 8:31 AM EDT, Tue August 5, 2014
You are the one hitting the shots, but the man standing over your shoulder could hold the key to your golfing destiny.
updated 8:27 AM EDT, Mon July 21, 2014
PINEHURST, NC - JUNE 10: Rory McIlroy (R) of Northern Ireland talks with his dad Gerry McIlroy (L) during a practice round prior to the start of the 114th U.S. Open at Pinehurst Resort & Country Club, Course No. 2 on June 10, 2014 in Pinehurst, North Carolina. (Photo by Andrew Redington/Getty Images)
He has been there for all three of his son's major wins, but the latest triumph may well have been the sweetest yet for Rory McIlroy's father.