Search on for 5 still missing after Canadian train disaster

A search for five people still missing after this month's deadly train crash in the Canadian town of Lac-Megantic began Monday and will continue Tuesday, Quebec provincial police representative Aurelie Guindun said.

Reporters tour train destruction
Reporters tour train destruction

    JUST WATCHED

    Reporters tour train destruction

MUST WATCH

Reporters tour train destruction 01:56
PLAY VIDEO

The unmanned, runaway 73-car train slammed into the center of Lac-Megantic in the early morning of July 6, and tank cars full of oil exploded and burned in the heart of the commercial district.

The remains of 42 people were recovered, and five people still are reported missing.

"We want to be sure that everything is done to find these victims," Guindun said.

The train had been parked in the neighboring Quebec town of Nantes but it suddenly rolled into motion after the engineer went to a hotel. The incident is under investigation.

Read more: Officials find 'insufficient' braking on deadly runaway train