(CNN) -- A suicide car bomb blasted through two homes in Afghanistan Friday morning killing five people and wounding 15 others, authorities said.
The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack in Kapisa province, saying the terror organization was trying to target U.S. troops, said Mehrabuddin Safi, the governor of the eastern province.
No troops were killed or wounded, only civilians, Safi said.
The United States is planning to withdraw a bulk of its 68,000 troops in Afghanistan in 2014. Earlier this month, the U.S. military said about 6,000 and 15,000 troops could remain after the planned withdrawal for counterterrorism operations.