- An ISAF service member is killed by "direct fire"
- A roadside bomb kills nine civilians
- A suicide truck bomb outside an ISAF military base wounds 13 people
At least 10 people died in three separate attacks in Afghanistan on Tuesday, including an service member for NATO's International Security Assistance Force, according to Afghan government and ISAF officials.
Two Americans were among those wounded in an attack, an Afghan official said.
A roadside bomb killed nine Afghan civilians and wounded five more in the Paghman district, west of Kabul, according to a statement from Afghan President Hamid Karzai's office.
Karzai condemned the "terrorists" for the killings "during the holy month of Ramadan."
In a separate incident in eastern Afghanistan, an ISAF service member died from "direct fire" during an insurgent attack, ISAF said.
In a third attack, a suicide bomber in a truck detonated near an ISAF military base, wounding at least 13 people in Logar province, just south of Kabul, provincial spokesman Mohammad Faqeer Darwish said. He said that two of the injured were Americans.
ISAF spokesman Lt. Col. Hagen Messer confirmed that ISAF service members were injured in the explosion in the province's capital of Pul-e-Alam, but did not identify their nationalities nor say how many had been hurt.
Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid claimed responsibility for the truck bomb attack in an e-mail to journalists.