Poland in pictures
1 of 9
2 of 9
3 of 9
4 of 9
5 of 9
6 of 9
7 of 9
8 of 9
9 of 9
- From stunning light shows to the natural wonders of the country, take a look at your best shots from Poland.
- Football fans from across Europe will soon be traveling to Poland, but so, too, will police officers from each nation.
- During the 1970s and '80s it was said that what happened in Gdansk moved the world. Now its just trying to stay afloat.
- Once just a cassock, a cross and a chalice was all that was needed to equip a church, now the world of liturgical accessories is a big business.
- Poland's Finance Minister, Jan Vincent-Rostowski explains that the Euro could be the country's currency in the future.
- Poland may be sitting on a vast, but controversial, natural resource that could make it energy independent.
- A small Polish wild horse that was used in Nazi experiments has become the center of wetland regeneration efforts across Europe.
- How many bison roam free in Poland and what percentage of the population are Catholic? All will be revealed.
- How did the zloty, the unit of Polish currency, get its name? Find out in our quiz.
- To create the future of Polish cuisine, chef Wojciech Amaro looked to the 16th century for inspiration.
- From castles and primeval forest to medieval cathedrals get a pictorial history of the country.