The Philippines in pictures
1 of 9
2 of 9
3 of 9
4 of 9
5 of 9
6 of 9
7 of 9
8 of 9
9 of 9
- CNN's Anna Coren visits one of the busiest maternity wards in the world, where an average of 65 babies are born each day.
- After paying five homeless people to chew 700 pieces of gum, Louie Cordero began to wonder what he had undertaken in the name of art.
- The Philippines has vowed to decrease child labor by 75% by 2015, saving the futures of child workers in sugar cane.
- Take a look at the best of your photos from across the Philippines.
- Being held hostage by pirates is something sailor Antonio Plaza Orozco will never be able to forget.
- Waiting outside a fast food joint, Felipa Fabon isn't there to meet friends but to search through the diner's trash bags.
- Jessa Balote is 14-years-old and training to be a professional ballerina in Manila. She must also support her family.
- The Philippines has overtaken India as the world hub for call centers.
- Get a potted pictorial history of the Southeast Asian country, home to over 100 million people.
- The first modern science and natural history museum has opened in the devoutly Catholic country.
- For several months now, Filipinos have been treated to the spectacle of yet another impeachment trial aired on national television.
- Filipino boxing sensation Manny Pacquiao may be an eight-time world champion but he didn't have the skills to make it as an amateur.