- Maksim Gelman pleaded guilty in December to four killings
- He also has pleaded guilty to attacking a subway rider
- The attacks were part of a 24-hour crime spree that spanned two NYC boroughs
A man who pleaded guilty to four killings in Brooklyn last year has now pleaded guilty to attempted murder in an attack on a subway rider -- part of a 24-hour crime spree that spanned two New York City boroughs.
Maksim Gelman, 24, admitted to the attempted murder of a Manhattan subway passenger in the early hours of February 12, 2011, according to New York County District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance Jr.
"Gelman attacked the victim with (a) knife, slashing and stabbing him, and causing lacerations to the top and back of the victim's head, neck, face, and arm," the district attorney's office said in a statement.
The admission means that Gelman faces an additional sentence of 25 years to life, which will run consecutively to his sentences for the four murders. Gelman will be sentenced Wednesday for the four Brooklyn killings. He will be sentenced for the additional attempted murder on February 15.
In December, Gelman admitted to killing four people and attempting to kill two others during a 24-hour spree that spanned two New York City boroughs.
Gelman said he stabbed and killed his stepfather in Brooklyn the morning of February 11, 2011, after an argument regarding the use of his mother's car. He then said that he killed a female acquaintance and her mother before stealing a car and fatally running into an elderly man.
He also admitted to slashing two other individuals before attacking the man on a Manhattan subway.
After being on the loose for more than 24 hours, Gelman was finally arrested on February 12 at a Times Square subway station.