Skip to main content

Neck injury forces singer Jason Derulo to cancel tour

By Chandler Friedman, CNN
updated 11:38 AM EST, Fri January 6, 2012
"The pain of letting you down cuts me way deeper than this injury," Jason Derulo said in a statement.
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • Jason Derulo has been forced to cancel all upcoming promotions and his world tour
  • Release says he performed an acrobatic move and landed on his head
  • Tickets for his upcoming shows will be refunded at the point of sale, release says

(CNN) -- Pop singer Jason Derulo suffered a serious neck injury and has been forced to cancel all upcoming promotions and his world tour, according to a release from his record company.

The release says the 22-year-old was training for his upcoming tour when he performed an acrobatic move, landed on his head, fractured one of his vertebra and was taken to a hospital in Pembroke Pines, Florida.

The release says that doctors treating Derulo said the accident could have left him paralyzed. Anyone holding tickets for his upcoming shows will be refunded at the point of sale, according to the release.

Derulo said in the release: "The pain of letting you down cuts me way deeper than this injury I've sustained. My fans mean everything to me, so I'm praying for a speedy recovery in order to perform for you in the near future."

According to his website, his eponymous debut album sold 850,000 copies worldwide, spawned three Top 10 hits and landed him the 2011 BMI "Songwriter of the Year" award.

He has two albums: "Jason Derulo" and "Future History," which came out last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT