(CNN) -- An 11-hour standoff with a man who threatened to detonate an explosive device in a suburban Sydney, Australia, law office came to an end Tuesday night with the man being taken into custody, police said.
The 52-year-old man, whose name was not immediately released, had been with a 12-year-old girl believed to be his daughter. She was reunited with her family and was uninjured, though distressed, police said.
Police had cordoned off streets in the morning after the man barricaded himself in the legal office claiming to have a bomb.
CNN affiliate Sky News says the man was was seen at a window shirtless and wearing a barrister's wig.
A worker inside the office said the man entered the building at about 9 a.m. accompanied by a girl who referred to the man as her father, Sky News reported. After talking to a clerk, apparently in search of a specific person, the man began throwing items and claimed to have a bomb.