(CNN) -- A Mexican woman says she has been on a hunger strike for at least eight days to demand an invitation to the wedding of Britain's Prince William and Kate Middleton.
Estibalis Chavez set up a tent outside the British embassy in Mexico City on February 10 and said Friday that she intends to continue the strike for as long as necessary, passing the days by painting pictures of the engaged couple.
It was unclear Sunday whether she continued to strike.
Chavez, 19, said the embassy has told her that her request to be invited to the April 29 wedding of William and Middleton is impossible to grant.
"My mom was a fan of Princess D," Chavez told CNN en Espanol, referring to William's mother, the late Princess Diana. "She died before I was born. I am a fan of her, too. So I promised myself I would make it to go to the wedding."
The British royal family announced Sunday that invitations to the wedding were posted last week, declining to reveal the roughly 1,900 names on the coveted guest list.