Cairo, Egypt (CNN) -- Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak on Sunday issued his first public remarks since his recent ouster, decrying corruption accusations against him.
In a brief audio message aired on Al-Arabiya television, Mubarak said the Egyptian government's probe into his finances is aimed at tarnishing his reputation and undermining his "history."
"I cannot keep silent facing this continued falsified campaign and the continued attempt to undermine my reputation and the reputation of my family," he said.
The statement came as the Egyptian attorney general's office announced that Mubarak and his sons had been summoned for questioning.
Mubarak, in the taped message, said he has agreed to allow the public prosecutor to contact governments around the world "to take all the proper legal steps to reveal" whether he and his family own any properties or real estate outside of Egypt. He also claimed he has no bank accounts abroad.
The former president said he, his wife and sons will account for everything they own, and that his sons will be able to show that anything they own, whether in Egypt or beyond, was not obtained through political influence or illegal means.
"I will reserve my legal right to sue anybody who attacked me or tried to undermine my reputation," he added.
Mubarak stepped down from the presidency February 11 and handed over power to the military -- three decades of his iron-clad rule ended by an 18-day revolution.
The same day he stepped down, Switzerland's government moved to freeze any assets in the country's banks that might belong to Mubarak or to his family, the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs said at the time. An official statement from the department said the Swiss Cabinet had frozen all funds belonging to Mubarak or "his circles."
The Swiss government did not know what assets, if any, the banks have, a spokesman for the Swiss embassy in Washington said in February.
Last month, Mubarak was brought to Cairo for questioning. Egypt's Attorney General Abdel Maguid Mahmoud issued an order freezing assets of Mubarak and his family and prohibited them from leaving the country.
In a statement Sunday, the Egyptian attorney general's office said Mubarak's statement on Al-Arabiya "will not affect the investigation or the charges against him related to freezing his accounts or the travel ban against him and his family.
"All the people involved have been questioned. And this morning the Attorney General sent a request to Mubarak and his two sons to come for questioning. ... The results will be announced in the coming days."
An official in the Egyptian General Prosecutor's office confirmed that Mubarak's former prime minister, Ahmed Nazif, has been detained for 15 days after being questioned in connection with charges of financial corruption.
In February, prosecutors jailed a former ruling party official and three ministers from Mubarak's government for 15 days as part of the probe.
It is widely believed that Mubarak and his family are extremely wealthy, but estimates as to his total net worth vary widely and have not been confirmed.
Demonstrators have continued to protest in Cairo's Tahrir Square, calling for Egypt's ruling military council to prosecute the former president. The numbers in the square have swelled dramatically in recent days, in part because the Muslim Brotherhood has now joined secular, liberal groups to put pressure on the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces, which currently rules Egypt.
Muhammad Taman, a spokesman for the January 25 Coalition, told CNN the diverse collection of political groups are demanding Egyptian authorities bring Mubarak before a court for his alleged role in the deaths of hundreds of activists last January and February and on corruption charges.
If Mubarak is not prosecuted, Taman said, activists are prepared to organize a march towards the Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh, where Mubarak has been living on his estate since he stepped down from office February 11.
CNN's Ivan Watson and journalist Mohamed Fadel Fahmy contributed to this report.