(CNN) -- Three Pakistan cricketers who were banned from the sport for five years announced on Monday they will appeal their suspensions in the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).
Mohammad Amir, Salman Butt and Mohammad Asif have launched their challenges after the sport's governing body, the International Cricket Council (ICC), found them guilty of "spot-fixing."
Amir, 18, and Asif, 28, were found to have deliberately bowled no-balls during a Test match with England in August 2010 -- a match Pakistan lost -- while Butt was said to have been aware of the arrangement.
Butt, 26, received a 10-year ban of which half was suspended, right-arm bowler Asif was hit with a seven-year exclusion with 24 months suspended and fast-bowler Amir was banned for five years.
"CAS has registered the appeals filed by Mohammad Asif, Mohammad Amir and Salman Butt against the ICC Anti-Corruption Tribunal's decision of 5 February 2011," a CAS statement read.
"The CAS will not comment any further on these matters until a panel of arbitrators has been constituted and a procedural calendar established."
The trio were also told last month they will face criminal charges in Britain, along with their agent Mazhar Majeed, for conspiracy to obtain and accept corrupt payments, and conspiracy to cheat.
The four men accused of corruption have all denied the charges.
Amir made his Test debut for Pakistan against Sri Lanka in 2009 and went on to become the youngest player to reach 50 Test wickets.
Asif has courted controversy previously in his career after serving a one-year ban when he tested positive for steroids.
Former team captain Butt has represented his country in 33 Test matches and scored 1889 runs.