Los Angeles (CNN) -- The Los Angeles district attorney will decide if Lindsay Lohan will be charged with stealing a necklace from a jewelry store last week, a spokeswoman for the prosecutor said.
"They presented the evidence about mid-day," spokeswoman Sandi Gibbons said Wednesday afternoon. "We have the case under review. No decision will be made today. I can't say when it might be made."
A "one of a kind necklace" reported stolen last week was given to Los Angeles police just before detectives were to search for it in Lohan's Venice, California, home, Los Angeles police said earlier Wednesday.
The necklace, valued at $2,500, was taken from a jewelry store in the Venice area, a statement from the Los Angeles Police Department said.
"As part of the grand theft investigation, detectives with the Los Angeles Police Department's Pacific area obtained a search warrant on February 1, 2011, for actress Lindsay Lohan's Venice residence, to search for the necklace," the statement said.
Her lawyer, Shawn Chapman Holly, did not offer a response to the police or the prosecutor's statements.
Lohan, 24, is currently on supervised probation for a drunk driving conviction. The judge overseeing her case told her in October that he would send her to jail for 180 days if she violated her probation rules before her next court appearance set for February 25.
She left the Betty Ford clinic a month ago after three months in a drug rehabilitation program. The rehab stint convinced the judge not to send Lohan to jail for failing a drug test.
CNN's Brittany Kaplan contributed to this report.