Skip to main content

Bravo: No decision on rescheduling 'Housewives' debut

By the CNN Wire Staff
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • The network is re-editing the show, a spokeswoman says
  • The show had been set to premiere on September 5
  • Cast member Russell Armstrong was found dead at a home in Bel Air on Monday

(CNN) -- No decision has been made on whether to reschedule the season debut of "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" following the suicide of one of the reality show's cast members, the Bravo network said Friday.

"We have not made a decision to change our original premiere date, but we are in the process of re-editing the show," Bravo NBC Universal spokeswoman Frances Berwick said in a statement.

The show, which had been set to premiere on September 5, had highlighted marital problems between Russell Armstrong and his wife, Taylor.

Russell Armstrong was found dead at a home in the hills above the Los Angeles suburb of Bel Air on Monday, police said. His wife had filed for divorce in July to end their nearly six-year marriage.

His mother told HLN's "Issues With Jane Velez-Mitchell" that, before his suicide, her son had worried that the upcoming season of the show was set to "crucify" him.

John Ann Hotchkiss said Armstrong and his wife were happy before they agreed to join the show. Once it aired, "I watched it slowly destroy their marriage," she said.

In a statement posted on the network's website on Wednesday, Executive Vice President Andy Cohen said the network was "still trying to process yesterday's very sad news" and trying to figure out what to do with the upcoming season of the show.

The blog had not been updated as of Friday, but several dozen viewers had posted comments, extending their condolences.

CNN's KJ Matthews contributed to this report.

 
Quick Job Search