(CNN) -- For someone sometimes called "no drama Obama," Barack Obama sure has a lot of it on his summer reading list.
Four of the president's five picks are fiction titles.
He bought two for himself on Friday during a trip to a bookstore and brought three more with him from Washington, according to the White House.
Obama is on vacation with his family on Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts.
The books on the president's list are:
1. "The Bayou Trilogy," by Daniel Woodrell -- A collection of crime stories set in Louisiana
2. "Rodin's Debutante," by Ward Just -- A coming-of-age novel set against the backdrop of Chicago
3. "Cutting for Stone," by Abraham Verghese -- A book about the lives of twin boys born in Ethiopia
4. "To the End of the Land," by David Grossman -- A novel, set in Israel, about a mother's grief during war
5. "The Warmth of Other Suns," by Isabel Wilkerson -- A nonfiction book that outlines the migration of African-Americans out of the South