- Facebook chat gimmick lets you insert faces of friends, others
- A pair of double brackets around a profile ID name or number makes it happen
Be honest: has Facebook chat ever been your favorite form of instant messaging?
For many of us, Gchat, Skype or even AIM are our preferred defaults.
Now, a new gimmick is making us like Facebook's built-in chat function a whole lot more. As demonstrated in the photo above, you can make the profile pictures of Facebook users and pages show up inside your chat windows.
1. Start chatting with someone (pretty simple).
2. When you'd like to refer to a mutual friend or, say, Coca Cola, you dump their profile id (either their name or a string of numbers for those users who haven't claimed their choice URL) into double brackets. So, that would be [[cocacola]] for a picture of Coke, [[zuck]] for Mark Zuckerberg and [[mashable]] for the logo of where your learned about this new feature, and so on.
3. Amaze everyone on Facebook chat with this cool new gimmick.
What do you think, will inserting your friend's faces bring the end of the emoticon era, or will the Internet forever be dominated by the : ) face?