20 people suffer carbon monoxide poisoning in Chicago

Story highlights

  • Thirteen victims are treated at the scene
  • Seven others are transported to nearby hospitals
Twenty people suffered carbon monoxide poisoning when a grill was used inside a home during Thanksgiving festivities in Chicago on Thursday night.
Thirteen were treated at the scene and seven others were transported to nearby hospitals, said Larry Langford, a spokesman for the Chicago Fire Department.
The incident happened in a single-family home on the city's northside, Langford said
Most victims said they were light-headed and complained of nausea.
Their injuries were considered minor.