- "It was one scary night, " the singer said of being admitted to a hospital
- Loretta Lynn was diagnosed with beginning stages of bacterial pneumonia
- The country music legend canceled two shows due to the illness
- Lynn is scheduled to perform November 3 in Knoxville, Tennessee
Country music legend Loretta Lynn described her unexpected trip to a Kentucky hospital as "one scary night," a statement from the singer's representative said Monday.
The 76-year-old singer has returned home to recover after being admitted with pneumonia early Saturday morning.
"I'm feeling better and just gonna take it easy for a couple of weeks," Lynn said in the statement.
Around 1:30 a.m., Lynn "awoke on her tour bus complaining that she was having a hard time breathing,' said Chelsea Kempchinsky with Loretta Lynn Enterprises.
Lynn was traveling to Ashland, Kentucky, where she was scheduled to perform at the Paramount Arts Center.
The theater posted a statement on its website confirming the cancellation.
"Loretta regretfully must cancel her shows for Ashland, KY and Durham, NC for this weekend, due to illness," it said. "Doctors have diagnosed her at the beginning stages (of) pneumonia, and (she) will continue to need rest. Loretta is doing well and is disappointed, but feels confident she will be ready for upcoming November dates."
Kempchinsky said Lynn spent the weekend at a Bowling Green, Kentucky, hospital, where she was treated for the beginning stages of bacterial pneumonia.
According to the statement, she is now recovering at her Hurricane Mills home in Tennessee.
The country singer is expected to return to the stage for a November 3 performance in Knoxville, Tennessee, the statement said.
Born in Butcher Hollow, Kentucky, Lynn was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 1988. She is perhaps best known for the song "Coal Miner's Daughter." Other hits include "I'm a Honky Tonk Girl" and "You Ain't Woman Enough."
Lynn had knee replacement surgery in August, forcing her to cancel tour dates. In July, she was hospitalized and treated for heat exhaustion and dehydration brought on by high temperatures in Tennessee.