(CNN) -- Mohamed Bin Hammam's appeal against his life ban from soccer will be heard on September 15, the sport's governing body FIFA has confirmed.
The Qatari was suspended from "taking part in any kind of football-related activity" in July over allegations that he bribed Caribbean officials during his bid to win the FIFA presidency.
FIFA's ethics committee ruled that Bin Hammam had offered $40,000 to members of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) to back his bid at a meeting in Trinidad earlier this year.
As a result, he was forced to abandon his election campaign, leaving Sepp Blatter to win a fourth term unopposed. Sixteen CFU officials have subsequently been charged with alleged violations of FIFA's code of ethics arising from the meeting.
Bin Hammam has protested his innocence throughout the process and has criticized both Blatter and FIFA general secretary Jerome Valcke in a letter sent to ethics committee chairman Petrus Damaseb published on his personal web site.
In it he states: "I am capable enough financially and otherwise to defend myself for years if it is necessary and I know I will come out unscathed of these creative allegations designed by Valcke and Blatter, and supported by you, to damage my reputation."
Bin Hammam says he never offered bribes to any Caribbean officials and claims FIFA wouldn't have acted against him had he been European.
If his appeal is unsuccessful he can take his case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
In a statement sent to CNN, FIFA said: "We can confirm the date of 15 September for the Appeal Committee meeting.
"Regarding the chairman and panel of that meeting, we will not confirm the names in advance, in order to avoid unnecessary pressure on the person. We will make this public after the meeting."