(CNN) -- Rescuers in the Indonesian islands of Mentawai have stopped the search for dead bodies as the number of people killed by last month's quake and tsunami rose to 461, Indonesia's official news agency reported on Saturday, quoting local officials.
Up to Friday, 13 dead bodies had been recovered in the area -- part of Indonesia's western Sumatran region, Antara news agency reported.
According to rescue workers, the latest bodies found were difficult to recognize and the corpses buried by local villagers, the news agency reported.
"Ten dead bodies belonged to residents of Eruk Pasaboat hamlet. Three were found in Puroaroagat hamlet," rescue coordinator Paulinus Sabelep said Friday.
Paulinus said 43 residents were still missing, the agency reported.
About 7,830 villagers were evacuated from the Mentawai Islands when the tsunami and the 7.7 magnitude earthquake struck Western Sumatra on October 25.