(CNN) -- A terminal at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York was evacuated Sunday evening for about two hours after a caller phoned in a threat, according to a spokesman for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.
John Kelly of the Port Authority said a female caller claimed there was a bomb in Terminal One in a call about 5:40 p.m.
"Using the utmost due diligence, we evacuated the terminal," Kelly said. About 300 people were inside at the time, he said.
Once the terminal had been searched, the evacuation was ended shortly after 8 p.m., Kelly said.
Kelly said an earlier, unrelated incident at the same terminal occurred when a Port Authority officer noticed an unattended bag. That bag was examined and cleared, he said.
CNN's Susan Candiotti and Ross Levitt contributed to this report.