(CNN) -- Lewis Hamilton regained the lead in the world championship from Mark Webber after winning the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa on Sunday.
The McLaren ace relegated Red Bull's Webber to second place and has a three- point lead over the Australian with six races remaining.
But it was a bad day for the other title aspirants with Sebastian Vettel careering into Hamilton's teammate Jenson Button with both finishing out of the places.
Fifth-placed Fernando Alonso also failed to finish for Ferrari as Robert Kubica claimed the final podium place and moved into seventh in the overall standings.
Red Bull lead McLaren by a solitary point in the constructors' race with Ferrari a distant third.
Drivers' Championship (after 13 rounds):
1. Lewis Hamilton (GB) McLaren 182
2. Mark Webber (Aus) Red Bull 179 points
3. Sebastian Vettel (Ger) Red Bull 151
4. Jenson Button (GB) McLaren 147
5. Fernando Alonso (Spa) Ferrari 141
6. Felipe Massa (Bra) Ferrari 109
7. Robert Kubica (Pol) Renault 104
8 Nico Rosberg (Ger) Mercedes GP 102
9. Adrian Sutil (Ger) Force India 45
10. Michael Schumacher (Ger) Mercedes 44
1. Red Bull 320 points
2. McLaren 329
3. Ferrari 250
4. Mercedes GP 146
5. Renault 123
6. Force India 58
7. Williams 40
8. Sauber 27
9. Toro Rosso 10